A horse is one of those animals which is loved many people. No matter what the age is but, somewhere we all love the horse, and we want to have one. But, the problem is that it’s not easy to have a horse by all of us and thus we just admire it as we come across. Now, this feeling is not just in adults but also in children as they are also very much attracted towards horses. So if you want to learn how to draw a horse because of your love it or because of children, this tutorial is all that you need.
The tutorial will show to how to draw a horse step by step in detailed and explained manner. All you need to do is follow the steps of this tutorial carefully, and you’ll know how to draw a horse easy. This tutorial is made such that anyone or everyone can go with it and have a drawn horse. Well, explained steps will help you with every line and mark you bring and in no time you’ll your very own horse.
Things You Need To Draw Horse
There are some basic things which you need before you get on ahead with the drawing. These basic things will help you get done with your drawing, and without them, it won’t be possible to finish your drawing. For this tutorial of how to draw a horse, you’ll need the things mentioned below. Grab all the things before you start with your picture as it is not considered good to break the flow of drawing. Once you grabbed all the stuff, then you can start with this tutorial of how to draw a horse step by step. These are all the things you would need for this drawing.
- Blank Sheet
- Holder (to hold the blank sheet)
These are all the important things which are needed for drawing a horse. Once all these things are with you then, you can start with your drawing without any problem.
How To Draw A Horse Easy Tutorial
Now you can start to draw your horse using this tutorial. For a start, you need to use a pencil to draw this horse. The pencil will be used to make light strokes so that they can be removed if those are unnecessary. Then, use a pen to outline the complete drawing and do remember to outline each part properly. Once the outlines are done properly then, use an eraser to erase all the unnecessary pencil marks and guidelines. Since all pencil marks are light strokes, so it’ll be easy to erase all those marks. Finally, you can use colors or pencil to color or shade your horse which will finish this tutorial of how to draw a horse easy. So follow the steps below carefully.
- Draw two big circles, one on the right and second one on the left. The circle on the right will be bigger as compared to a right circle. The circles are just guiding circles so no need to make them perfect.
- Now draw a small circle on the top right of the right circle and then, draw an arc on the right side of it. This circle will represent the head of a horse, and the arc will become the mouth of the horse. At this particular portion, you’ll know how to draw a horse head.
- In this step, you need to draw some lines which will connect all the circles. These lines will become the core guidelines for drawing horse’s body.
- For this step, draw two triangles at the top of horse’s head. The triangles will be side by side and there is no need to draw the base of triangles. These triangles will represent the ears of a horse.
- Draw a curved line from the circle at the back and the line will go downward. This line will serve as a guiding line for the tail of your horse. Right now you’ll only make a single line, but later on, in this tutorial, you’ll make this tail much thicker and proper.
- Draw two curved lines downwards from the back circle and then, do the same for the main body circle. These curved lines will be guidelines for legs of the horse and will, later on, be drawn correctly. Now keep in mind that the longer the lines, the more the height of your horse. So maintain the length such that neither your horse is too taller nor too short. Once you are done with this, you are done with a basic drawing of the horse using how to draw a horse step by step tutorial.
- Now draw an eye in the head of the horse. The eye will look more of like football so draw a small circle on the top right of the head circle. Then, make an even smaller circle in it and darken the outer area. This will create an effect like glitter in an eye. Finally, draw an arc on top of the eye to show eyelid.
- Draw an oval shape at horse’s muzzle which will represent nose of the horse. When you are done with that the, draw some curved line around it to cover it.
- Now use the muzzle guideline to draw muzzle perfectly. Draw a shaky line at the end of the muzzle and bring that line below the nose and this will become the mouth of the horse. Then draw another curved line below mouth’s line which will become chin of horse.
- Accurately draw the ears of a horse and do not keep them too much point. Draw some extra lines in it to show hair.
- Now draw some strokes to show hair between the two ears. The hair will be coming out of ears and will be going forward. The strokes will make them look like they are falling on horse’s forehead.
- Draw a line from hair between the ears to join to the muzzle. This will give proper shape to muzzle. Once that is done then, you’ll have to draw the lower part of the muzzle. Join lower part to muzzle properly to head and also draw a curved line to show a proper jaw of the horse. This completes the head of your horse using how to draw a horse head tutorial.
- Now draw hair at the top of horse’s neck. This hair will be coming from up and falling downwards. Before you start to draw the hair, you need to decide the length you want to keep since you won’t want these to be bigger than the neck. Otherwise, the neck will be hidden behind the hair. Once you have decided on the length, then you can draw long strokes and some small strokes in between. These long strokes will complete the hair.
- Now it’s time to draw the legs of a horse. Draw the front legs of the horse by giving them the proper shape. Keep in mind that the legs will be thicker at the top and will become much thin as they come down. Once you are at the bottom then, you need to draw a hoof which is necessary for any horse. You need to draw the line at the lower portion of the leg to represent foot. After this is done, repeat the same process with the second leg which is behind the first one. Since the second leg is slightly hidden so draw it according to that only.
- Draw the back legs of a horse. The technique will be the same as that of front legs. The top portion of the legs will be much thicker as compared to the bottom portion. As you’ll reach to bottom, the legs will become much thinner. At the bottom, you need to draw a line which will show hoof at the bottom of the feet. Once that is done, you need to do the same for the second leg which is behind the first one. Since the second leg is slightly hidden, so you need to draw only the visible portion.
- Now it’s time to draw tail of the horse. Make the tail thicker and add short strokes at the end to show hair. The tail will of a horse is mostly covered with hair, so the strokes will represent the right amount of hair. You can keep the tail as long as you want so adjust the strokes according to that.
- Now connect the rest of the body correctly using the guiding lines and the underlying drawing is complete.
- You can use a pen to outline the horse and do it properly without leaving any portion.
- Once the outlining is done, use an eraser to erase all the unnecessary lines and guiding pencil marks. Since you have drawn complete horse using light strokes of the pencil, so it’ll be much easy to erase any pencil mark.
This completes the diagram of a horse using the tutorial of how to draw a horse.Now you can either use colors or a pencil to do coloring or shading to your horse. If you are using a pencil for shading then, keep in mind to use a different tone of shading for different parts.
This completes the easy drawing ideas of your horse using how to draw a horse tutorial. Now you have your very own horse which you can show to anyone. This tutorial is made such that anyone can draw a horse using the easy steps.