How To Draw A Dragon: Dragon is one of the creatures from which humans have always been fascinated. People love the way they looked and especially their power to blow fire from their mouth. Not only that, there are a lot of myths associated with dragons which are very difficult to reveal. Dragons are most related to China, and at that place, people use to worship dragons as gods.
Here we can easily see that dragons have an enormous impact on people, but we know so little about them as they are already extinct. Even if dragons are no more, but still we like them and are always excited to see anything related to them. Now maybe because of above facts or any other reasons you want to know how to draw a dragon, you can use this tutorial. Following this tutorial will make it very easy for you to learn how to draw dragons step by step.
Things You Need For How To Draw A Dragon Tutorial
There is some basic stuff which you should have before you start with the tutorial of how to draw a dragon step by step. This way you won’t have to rush again and again to get new stuff for completing your drawing.
- Blank Sheet
- Holder (to hold the blank sheet)
Keep all those things ready, and then you can start with how to draw a dragon easy tutorial.
How To Draw A Dragon Step By Step
You’ll start to draw with a pencil and from the outset; you’ll keep light strokes on the pencil. These light strokes will help you later on to erase unneeded pencil marks. After that, you’ll use a pen to outline the drawing and fix the diagram for coloring. Finally, you’ll color the sketch, and your picture will be completed. Dragon is difficult to make, but if you follow this tutorial of how to make a dragon step by step, then it would be much easier for you. Now let’s start with the how to draw a dragon tutorial.
- First, you need to draw two circles. The first one is at the center but slightly downwards from the center. The second one will be to the right of the first circle and slightly bigger than the first one. These will become part of Dragon’s body but, leave enough space on all sides so that other regions of the body can be made.
- Now make a circle above and the right to the second circle but keep a good distance. This circle will be smaller from both the circles in the first point and will represent the head of the dragon.
- Now draw a U-shaped arc on the head circle. Both the open ends of that U shape will touch the head circle.
- Now make legs of the dragon by joining three straight lines at some angles. The legs will be joined to the first two circles you’ve done. You can adjust the size of legs as you like.
- In this step, you need to connect different parts of the dragon to give it a shape of an animal. Use curved lines to join head with the bigger circle and accede to the larger circle with the smaller circle. Be specific with the curves of the lines so that it can look like a proper dragon.
- From the first circle, draw two big curved lines which will meet at the end to look like a tail. You can make the tail as big as you like but it should only complement your dragon.
- Now make an arc from some distance above the tail and extend it all the way to the head but, keeping some distance. Then from the point of the arc which is closer to the head, draw a line downwards and to the left. Then a line again downwards and to the right which will finally touch the body. This will make a wing of your dragon. This will complete a basic shape of your dragon’s body, and you are one step closer to know how to draw dragons.
- Make a small circle in the head and another circle inside it. Shade the inner circle leaving some space to show glare in the eye. Then make some lines around the eye and some curved lines above the eye to represent bones.
- Now use the top curved line of head to extend on the mouth. It’ll get a bump at nostril and then covers half of U-shaped arc. Finally, it’ll go inside the inside the U-shape to mid of head circle in a curved manner. Make some triangles beneath the line with curves to represent teeth. Beneath the nostril bump, make two small opposite V shapes to represent nostrils.
- Now you need to draw four curved lines at the head of dragon to represent its horns. The above two lines will meet at the end and below two lines will also meet at the end. Where the horns attach to make a small “m” shape so show skin around the horns.
- Below the horns, make a small “w” and then make three straight lines to attach that “w” to head of the dragon. This will make ears of the dragon.
- The legs which were made earlier use them and make proper hinder legs. The legs will start to form the small circle of the body and will end on the ground. Finally, make sure to make toes on the foot, and you can also add some extra strokes of line to show skin there. Once the forefront is ready, make the other leg but only the portion which can be visible.
- Now draw the front legs using the lines which were made earlier. Make the front leg first and do it properly. After you are done with the front leg, make the second leg but, only the portion which is visible.
- Now the wing which was made earlier, make that wing thicker by adding two outlines. The thicker wing will give better looks of the dragon. Where the wing touches the body, make that portion even thicker.
- Now make three spikes between the space of wing and the body. These spikes will be bones of the wing of a dragon. Make sure to give these spikes similar thickness as of the main wing in the previous step. Having a uniform structure of the wing is necessary.
- Draw inward curved lines in between every spike to connect them. After these are connected the wing’s basic design will be complete, and you’ll be done with one more step of how to make a dragon tutorial.
- The wing which was made earlier is only on the side which is visible to us. Now make the wing which is on the other side but, only the portion which is visible and not the entire wing.
- For the next step of how to draw a dragon step by step tutorial, make small lines on the neck to represent scales on the neck. Make the complete body of the dragon the same way so that everything can be seen as the same structure.
- Now make the tail perfect and add an arrow like figure at the end. The dragons used to have an arrow-like tail, and this will make your dragon look even more original. Till here you can say that you know how to draw dragons as this is where the dragon is entirely made.
- Now outline the dragon using the pen and erase all the extra pencil marks to make your drawing much tidy. Erasing extra pencil strokes will give you an exact shape where you can either do extra detailing or coloring.
- For the final step of how to make dragons easy, you can either fill the diagram of a dragon with colors or do a lot detailing with pencil only. You can make a lot of shading on his body or make extra sales throughout the body or add triangles on top of tail and body and a lot more.
This is for you how to draw a dragon step by step which is both easy and systematic. So if someone asks you either you know to make a dragon, then you have just the thing to tell them. Or if you want to keep this dragon drawing to yourself then also you know how to make one.
Check out here for more easy drawing tutorial of different types of birds, animals or cartoons.