Dogs are human’s best friends, and it’s the truth which has been proved over and over again. Due to that, the bond between dogs and humans has always grown high. It’s that bond only which makes us know more and more about them and you are seeking this tutorial for that only right. Now if you are so much interested in dogs or you want your children to learn to draw a dog then this tutorial of how to draw a dog can help. This tutorial of how to a draw a cartoon dog will help you learn to draw a dog which looks good and friendly. Friendly dogs are always liked more, and they are adored by everyone. If you seek the same then, you can follow how to draw a dog step by step tutorial and learn to draw easily.
Now the tutorial is made very easy so that anyone either a child or an adult can draw a dog using the steps. This tutorial will make your drawing way easy and you’ll be undoubtedly happy with the result. Even if someone asks you after how do you draw a dog then you can also teach them using this tutorial.
How To Draw A Dog Step By Step [Easy Tutorial]
Before you start with your tutorial of how to draw a dog tutorial, you must get some things which you’ll need for this tutorial. You must get all of these so that you won’t have to leave your drawing in between to get the rest of the stuff. Drawing a cartoon is also an artist so you must go with the flow without stopping it. So here are the things you need for this drawing.
- A Blank Sheet
- Holder (to hold the blank sheet)
These are all the things you’ll need to complete the how to draw a dog step by step tutorial.
How To Draw A Cartoon dog Tutorial
Here we’ll start to draw a dog but, before you go ahead with that, you must know that for initial you’ll use the only pencil. The pencil will be utilized for initially drawing and outlining the dog but only with light strokes. The light strokes of the pencil will help you to remove any unnecessary marks to be erased using the eraser. Then you’ll use a pen to outline the drawing and then you’ll get a proper dog diagram. Finally, you’ll color the dog, and the tutorial will end after that. So if you are ready then let’s start with the how to draw a dog step by step tutorial.
- The first step is to draw two circles. The first one will represent the head so make it off proper size. The second circle will be dog’s body, so it’ll be bigger of all circles. Make the second circle left and downwards to the first circle. Finally, make the third circle which will represent dog’s legs so make it bigger than the head but smaller than the body. The third circle will be done left and downwards to the second circle.
- The second step is to make sure that all the circles measure one is aligned properly. If necessary then draw a line intersecting through the middle of all circles. There are all circles get crossed perfectly from the center then, circles are aligned correctly. If your circles are not aligned properly then erase them and make them again.
- In this step, you need to make a snout for the dog. Make a small circle on the right bottom of the head. This little circle will overlap the head circle and will cover some part of the head.
- Now draw a small circle on the body but at the bottom of the body. Then make two oval circles beneath the body to show two paws of a dog. Finally, add one oval circle beneath the legs circle to show rear paw.
- Now outline to join all the leading circles and thus making the complete body of a dog. The top shape will touch all circles but, the bottom body can extend further beneath the circles. This will make your dog healthier but, do not overextend it.
- Then draw two small circles in head to show eyes. Now outline legs starting from the circle inside body circle and going all the way to paws. The visible front leg will be made correctly, and only the visible part of other side’s leg will be drawn. After that draw, the rear leg and only one leg is visible so do not worry about the other leg.
- Now add a small circle in a head circle to show the nose of the dog. Then make ears of a dog by making “W” shape on the left and three forms on the right.
- For the next step of how to draw a cartoon dog tutorial, you need to draw two arcs at the end of dog’s rear legs. The arcs will meet at the end, and the complete shape will resemble a tail of your dog.
- For this step, you need to draw a “J” shape for the mouth of a dog and a small triangle just above it. You have to darken the triangle, and the top edge draws a line straight to the nose of the dog. This completes the basic diagram of how to draw an easy dog tutorial.
- Now you need to add detailing to the diagram of your dog. So first you need to add small circles in the eyes of dog to show glitter. Then darken the outer area of glitter to show perfect eyes.
- Now add small curved lines to the paws to show fingers of the dog.
- Finally, add zig-zag lines to complete body of this dog. These zig-zag lines will represent hair on dog’s body. The zig-zag lines can be slightly bigger to lower parts of dog since hair is always pointing downwards. This concludes the main diagram of your dog, and you are almost at the end of how to draw a dog tutorial.
- After this, you need to outline the dog using a pen correctly, and after that, you can erase extra pencil marks. Since you were making the drawing using light pencil strokes so removing, pencil marks won’t be a big problem.
- Now all you need to do is coloring or shading to the dog. You can do a lot of shading and differ between the levels of shading at different parts of the dog. Or you can do coloring to your dog and make it look as much real as much possible.
With coloring or shading, you finally finish the how to draw an easy dog tutorial. Now if someone asks you how do you draw a dog then you exactly know what you have to answer. Even if you want to teach your children how to draw a cartoon dog then also this tutorial is all you need. This tutorial of how to draw a dog is made as much natural for you as much possible so that anyone with or without drawing skills can draw a dog.
For more easy drawing tutorial check out this site.