The butterfly is one of the most beautiful creatures ever found in this world. They are so delicate and fragile, but at the same time, they are mesmerizing. Whenever people see the butterfly, they just fell in love with the beauty of it. It is said that butterfly only sits on a flower and flowers in themselves are beautiful, so it makes butterflies even more beautiful. Now, this mesmerizing feeling is felt across all ages, so children and adults feel it similarly. Due to that kids try to draw butterflies and not just children but sometimes adults do the same. But, the question that comes here is how to draw a butterfly perfectly? The answer is this tutorial, follow the steps of this tutorial for how to draw a butterfly step by step. The tutorial is made with proper details and natural step to follow.
If you correctly follow the steps then, you’ll know how to draw butterflies in no time at all. After the tutorial is done, you’ll have your very own butterfly, and you’ll exactly know how to draw a butterfly.
Things you need to draw a butterfly Tutorial
As you are about to start drawing your very own butterfly but, before that, you must gather all the necessary stuff. The stuff which we are talking is what you’ll need to draw your drawing of a beautiful butterfly. So you must collect all the necessary stuff beforehand so that you won’t have to leave your picture in between. For an artist, it’s essential to go with the flow and not to leave in between for anything else. Here are the things which you’ll need for your drawing.
- A Blank Sheet
- Holder (to hold the blank sheet)
Gather all of these things at once and then only start your drawing. These are all the things which you’ll need to complete your drawing.
How To Draw A Butterfly Step By Step
Now there are many types of butterflies but, if you just learn how to draw a butterfly one way then, you can do it every way. After this, you can start with your tutorial of how to draw a butterfly. First, you’ll start with pencil to draw the diagram but using only light strokes. After that you’ll use a pen to give a proper outline to the picture and then, you can erase extra pencil marks using the eraser. Since you made light strokes of the pencil so it would be easy to erase them later on. Finally, you can color your butterfly the way you like and make the most beautiful butterfly ever. Let’s start with how to draw a butterfly step by step tutorial.
- For the first step, make two oval circles stacked one above another. The top circle will be small but thicker than the circle beneath it. This way the top circle will represent the head of your butterfly, and the lower circle will represent the body. By drawing these circles make sure to leave enough space both on left and right to accommodate its wings.
- In this step, you need to make the left Wing of your butterfly. The left wing is divided into two parts, the top part will attach to the only head, and the bottom part will attach to both head and body. For the top part make a triangle with curved edges and for the bottom make a square shape with curved edges.
- The same thing which is done in the previous step needs to be done on the right side of the butterfly. The right wing also has two parts, the top part will be a triangle and the lower part will be square but, both will have curved edges.
- Now add some oval shapes to the top part of the left wing. The same thing is needed to be done on the right side. The oval shapes can vary from 4 to 5 or more but, it should look elegant.
- In this step of how to draw a butterfly, you need to draw some more oval shapes both on top parts of left and right wings. The oval shapes will be smaller this time, and these will fill the top wing.
- For this step, you need to draw some oval shapes in the lower part of the left and right wings. The oval shapes will be big this time. These oval shapes will start from the body and will extend to the wings.
- Now make some special oval shapes to remaining part of the lower portion of the left and right wings. These other oval shapes will fill the remaining space and will help your butterfly to look even more beautiful.
- Now give the proper way to these oval shapes on the wings as these will make the beautiful spots on the butterfly. These are the stops which make the butterfly even more beautiful so placing it properly will only enhance the beauty.
- In this step draw two curved lines at the top of the head as antennas. These antennas will be curved in opposite directions. This will complete the final step for the body of butterfly in how to draw butterflies tutorial.
- In the next step, you need to use a pen to outline the diagram of a butterfly accurately. Make sure that you describe carefully and without leaving anything.
- Now you can erase the extra pencil marks using the eraser and then, you’ll be left with butterfly diagram.
- For the final step of how to draw butterflies tutorial, you need to color your butterfly. Now you can get creative here and can make your butterfly as much beautiful as much possible.
Here the drawing tutorial for how to draw a butterfly end and if you follow it properly then you’ll get a beautiful butterfly. So if someone asks you how do you draw a butterfly then you exactly know what answer. Even if you want to teach someone how to draw butterfly then also this tutorial will prove very useful. The steps are written carefully so that even someone with zero experience in arts can draw a delicate butterfly.